One of my favorite teachers gave me a tip when I was about fifteen years old. She said that whenever I was bored I should do one thing I normally don't like to do that takes about ten minutes. Do you have things you don't like to do?
I started making a list in my mind...
"Things I Normally Don't Like to Do that take about Ten minutes"
1. Clean the toilet and bathroom sink.
2. Organize one dresser drawer.
3. Sweep the porch and sidewalk.
4. Write a letter.
5. Wash the dishes.
6. Floss teeth and clean ears and clean face.
7. Wash the car windshield and windows, inside and out.
8. Hang up clothing, organize shoes, dust bedroom.
9. Pick weeds by front porch.
10. Clean inside of car, dash, seats, trash out, etc...
etc..., etc..., etc...
Can you add to this list? I could add a hundred things.
Well, I listened to my teacher. Whenever I was bored I would look around and find a very small job to do that I didn't really want to do. I started it. I did it. I finished it. I felt good. I felt so good I would do another small job. It is amazing how great WORKING makes you feel. God made us to accomplish a work. If we are faithful to the little jobs around us, we'll be faithful servants for Him in the bigger jobs.
The next time you think or say, "I'm just so bored..." - DO SOMETHING AND ENJOY YOURSELF! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment