Wednesday, May 19, 2010
How was Week One?
How'd you do this week? You know, the Bible reading time every day? Why the frown? Did you miss a day? Two? Three? Five? Six? Okay, so you missed six days, how was your one day? Did you have one more day of Bible reading than you did last week? Wonderful! Praise the Lord! You're doing great!
You have to take one step at at time in this Bible reading journey. You are trying to do this on a daily basis, not just filling out your Walking with God notebook on Sunday morning on the way to opening assembly - that's what we call "Running with God". I remember those days! When I was a teenager, it was called the "Quiet time" diary. During the weeks that were busy (most) - I would lock myself in the bathroom and fill it out! I'm confessing, don't judge me too harshly. I had a great desire, but my snooze button and grooming time would win more often than not.
You are a growing young lady. Sorry, you're not full-grown yet.... even if you're six feet tall your body is still developing. You still need about nine hours of sleep per day, eight hours at night and a nap in the afternoon, right? It's hard to do and it shows when you try to wake up in the morning. If you'll go to bed earlier, even thirty minutes earlier, it will help you with your Bible time. You're setting yourself for failure when you stay up later. Or, if you're a real "night owl" you can have your Bible time in the evening. It's better than not having time for God. It's sort of backwards, like fueling up on carbs after the race, but it will still help you! Read Psalm 5:1-3.
So, if you had one day of Bible time this past week, let's try for two. You have to be honest about it so you can work on the problem and there is no shame in it. Don't try to do more each day, add another day! I'll be praying for you while I drink my coffee with milk and half a sweet 'n' low...
Romans 7:14 - For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
15For that which I do I allow not: for what I would,that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
16If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
17Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
18For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is
present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
19For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which Iwould not, that I do.
20Now if I do that I would not, it is no moreI that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
21I find then a law, that,when I would do good, evil is present with me. 22For I delight in
the law of God after the inward man:
23But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing
me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
24O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
25I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment