Psalm 25:4
Show me thy ways, O LORD;
teach me thy paths.
5. Lead me in thy truth,
and teach me:
for thou art the God of my salvation;
on thee do I wait all the day.
If it's fun - great! If it tastes good - better! If it requires shopping - hallelujah! Girls love to have fun, eat, and go shopping. How do I know that?...well, I'm still a girl and still love to do those things.
If you're reading this blog, you must love the Bible. The title alone would scare you off if you didn't. You can love the Bible, believe the Bible, and know that every word of the Bible is true and still have a problem READING it every day and APPLYING it to every day situations.
One way to make God's words, which are the hope of our life, part of our day-to-day living is to make Bible reading more enjoyable. Yes, you can actually make your Bible reading tolerable. You just have to change your point of view and your approach. Think about what you like to do and apply it to your Bible reading time. It will make spending time with the Lord more appealing.
Okay, here are some things I like...
- I like to have some peace and quiet.
- I like to drink coffee or hot tea.
- I like pens of unusual colors, weights, shapes, and patterns.
- I love 3x5 cards, ha!
- I like lamp light.
- I like sitting in a rocking chair or recliner.
- I like hot buttered plain old toast.
If I like all of these things and I do them at one time and I include reading my Bible, my Bible reading time will move to the top of my "to do" list! It took me thirty years to figure this out, but it works. I have to have my Bible time or I won't get my coffee, my favorite pen, my lamp light, 3X5s, recliner - which lead me to the time I have alone with God and my Bible...see, I have to sneak up on myself. I read my Bible and have 3x5 cards next to my chair. Whenever I find a "jewel" of a verse that speaks to my heart, I write the complete verse on the card and put a date and category at the top.
Let's apply it to you, you're a little younger (I am only 46.85 yrs. old). Let's make a list for you. Let's say that you like...
- orange juice with a splash of Mountain Dew or Dr. Pepper with lemon
- pop tarts
- Payday bars...
- gel pens
- fluorescent notecards
- stickers
- sitting on your bed with your stuffed animals with your Alvin Martinez CD playing
Great! Set your time aside, get your stuff together, get your Bible and start reading! You'll be less likely to miss your time with the Lord. If you do get busy and miss your time, grab your stack of 3x5 cards, these are like little "vitamin pills" to help you through your day. God knows your heart.
Why am I making such a big deal about this? Because I know that this is the key to all areas of success in your life as a Christian. The sooner you get this down, the sooner God will teach you and bless you. You won't have to learn every lesson at the devil's "school of hard knocks". He is a cruel schoolmaster, but God is so patient and loving.
Can you try it for one week? I will pray for you while I'm eating my toast...
P.S. please post a comment if you receive this blog. testing 1...2....3....buzzz
P.S. please post a comment if you receive this blog. testing 1...2....3....buzzz
I got it Mrs. Petticoffer! Think it is awesome!!!! Kristi L. Smith
ReplyDelete