Thursday, June 10, 2010

Reading and Remembering

Have you ever been reading your Bible, answered the phone, then forgot what you had read?  Or have you ever read the same chapters over and over again because you couldn't remember where you were?  Maybe you read the "Proverb of the Day" just because that's the only way you can keep up with what you have read or haven't read - that's not bad, but you could benefit from the other sixty-five books of the Bible! :)
Here's a simple Bible plan, straight from Scriptures, with a few tips that I've used to help me.



Psalm 119:18 - Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law.
Ÿ  Set the alarm/Take a shower/wash your face with Noxema
Ÿ  Coffee/cocoa/tea/juice/water
Ÿ  You have to make sure you're awake!

Psalm 119:34 - Give me understanding, and I shall keep thy law; 
yea, I shall observe it with my whole heart.
Ÿ  Ask for help from the Holy Spirit.
Ÿ  Apply the knowledge to yourself practically.
Ÿ  Be open to the words, not speed reading.
 Write a personal note to yourself and apply the truth to yourself - "Dear Jennifer, you need to ..."

Psalm 25:4, 5 - Show me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths.  
Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.
Ÿ  Look for God's ways, not verses to back up your ways
Ÿ  Walk in Jesus' footsteps - "he went about doing good"
Ÿ  Be teachable

Job 34:32 - That which I see not teach thou me: if I have done iniquity, I will do no more
Ÿ  Ask for help with hidden problems or sins – make a list
Ÿ  Ask for forgiveness for unknown sins
Ÿ  Ask to be led away from bad habits, sin, etc...

Picture the verses in your mind, write ideas down, keep a journal, etc...
Maybe you can come up with a better plan, it's just important to have a plan.  Enjoy your Bible Time and then remember it afterwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment