Have you ever wished you were as perfect as someone else? I have always wanted to have it "together" like the ladies I admire at church. You know, there is no one that is perfect or that has is "all together". Someone else may do ONE thing better than you do, but that does not make them perfect. You may be able to do ONE thing better than someone else, but you are not perfect. How do I know? I'm not perfect. I was counseling with one of my daughters one night and she said, "Mom, people think you're perfect, but I know you're not." I wasn't offended by my daughter, but I was surprised that anyone would believe that I am perfect.
I have to run to the bathroom to brush my teeth in the morning because I can't stand my bad breath!
I always take a shower before I go to bed because my feet are stinky!
I have a tendency to interrupt conversations, leave unfinished sentences in conversations, and laugh annoyingly loud in group conversations.
I had to make up a days on my Bible reading when I missed! Yes, WHEN I missed, not IF I missed. As a young girl and teen and young mother it was a struggle and sometimes I would think, I am NEVER going to get this thing down.
Sometimes you will get off track, don't stay off, just hop back on, you'll get to where you're going. Life is a journey and you've got to keep going on your path with the Lord. Maybe you feel like you haven't accomplished what you've wanted to this summer, that's how everyone feels. Life cannot be planned perfectly, minute by minute, but when you get off track, you just get back as soon as you can.
Jessica was in the hospital ICU this past weekend, so my regular Bible reading schedule got a little messed up. I did read from Proverbs and read scriptures I felt that I needed from the Psalms. The point is I did the best I could do.
"Tomorrow is a new day, with no mistakes in it, yet." - from Anne of Green Gables. Don't give up! If it's 11:58 P.M. and you haven't read your Bible, run and get it and start ASAP! I've done that many times. When I miss my Bible reading in the morning, I lay my Bible on my pillow so I'll remember to read before I go to sleep that night. That's a great way to get back on track.
I know I may be saying the same things again, but we always have the same struggles - get back up, again, and again, and again.
Hey, if you ever do get Bible time down perfectly, you will still have other things to work on and you will still have to get back on track...
No comments:
Post a Comment